Trumbull, CT– Yesterday, a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request was sent to the Office of the State Treasurer with regards to their most recent CHET digital advertising campaign.
“We are trying to figure out who Denise Nappier and the State Treasurer’s office are targeting with their CHET digital advertising and where these advertisements are directing people,” said JR Romano, spokesman for Tim Herbst’s campaign.
“Several years ago the state passed very specific guidelines on how elected officials are allowed to promote programs under their purview. While the law is specific to printed material and TV, in the ever-changing media environment, voters have a right to know whether state resources intended to promote programs are being used for that purpose,” added Romano.
“CHET is a terrific program for Connecticut families, but shouldn’t be used as a promotional tool during an election year,” Romano concluded.
Below is a copy of the FOI Request made of the Treasurer’s Office:
August 18, 2014
The Honorable Denise Nappier
Office of the State Treasurer
55 Elm Street
Hartford, Connecticut 06106
Dear Ms. Nappier:
Pursuant to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), as prescribed by the Connecticut General Statutes, I am respectfully requesting copies of the following documents for the year 2014 or the most recent CHET advertising campaign:
- Please provide a copy of contracts and overall planning documents for digital advertising in regard to the CHET program;
- Overall digital advertising budget for 2014 and 2013;
- Please provide a copy of the last Request for Proposals (RFP) or Request for Qualifications (RFQ) that your office made for digital marketing services, along with a copy of those proposals and applications;
- Please provide all target criteria for digital marketing i.e. cookie targeting, keyword search targets and websites targeted for advertisements;
- Please provide all e-mail communications between the with the Treasurer’s Office and the selected digital marketing vendor as well as all e-mail communications pertaining to the planning, budgeting, targeting and digital advertising process, which should include e-mails pertaining to the selection of a vendor.
Please contact me at 203-906-7607 or email at email@example.com to arrange for payment of any fees associated with this FOIA request.